Sunday, August 2, 2009

Teeth are slightly crooked, but i notice my teeth are shifting. can i get a retainer to help them not shift?

My teeth are slightly crooked. I dont think i would need braces, but i notice my teeth are shifting a bit. could i just get a retainer?

Teeth are slightly crooked, but i notice my teeth are shifting. can i get a retainer to help them not shift?
I am a dental hygienist and have been licensed for over 20 years. I am not an orthodontist, nor do I play one on TV. Your teeth will move and shift throughout life - they are not set in stone. This is normal and you can wear retainers or invisilign to put them back in their original place or shift them a bit. Throughout my life, I have had retainers to correct normal shifting. I would also highly recommend using a nightguard in the evening to prevent further shifting and wear on the teeth.
Reply:Yes, a retainer or night guard will help



visual arts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net