Saturday, July 25, 2009

My retainer is making my teeth crooked?

i just got my braces out and my dentist told me to wear a retainer. at first, my teeth were perfectly in line, but after wearing my retainer for about a day, it's making my teeth crooked! i took it out to see the wire, and the wire is so crooked, like, almost in a zigzag! is it supposed to be like this?

My retainer is making my teeth crooked?
I wish I could answer this question for you, but without seeing your retainer it's hard to answer. I would call your orthodontist tomorrow and ask whoever answers the phone. I have seen zig-zag like wires in retainers before, but I don't know if yours should be that way.





Yes, your teeth will shift after the braces come off. Mine shifted the next day. The retainer won't keep them perfectly straight, just hold them from shifting back totally.





Here's the best advice I can give you: Ask your orthodontist for a permanent retainer. He will know what that means. It's a wire that is bonded to the back of your teeth. It will keep your teeth perfectly straight. It's the only way to maintain that look. It just takes some getting used to (with your tongue), but it's not rough or anything and you don't have to worry about taking your retainer in and out.





Good luck. Either way, call your orthodontist!
Reply:You should contact your orthodontist if your teeth appear to be shifting. This would NOT be caused by a retainer, and definitely is not normal to be happening so quickly.



accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net