Friday, July 31, 2009

Teeth going crooked?

I got my braces off last June and I haven't worn my bottom retainer in like a week and my bottom tooth is already going crooked..and Its very noticeable.. If I wear my containers again and only take them out when I eat, will the tooth go back into place? I'm really scared because my parents paid quite alot for my teeth to become straight.

Teeth going crooked?
Absolutely, try to get your retainer back in place. It may not fit perfectly at first, but if you wear it consistently for a few hours, you should be able to get it to fit better and better until, hopefully, it's moved your tooth back to where it belongs. It will require all-day wear (except when you eat and brush), which is probably exactly what your orthodontist asked you to do to begin with. ;)





Some types of relapse (the shifting that happens shortly after your braces are taken off if you don't wear your retainer) can be completely corrected in this way...some can't. If your teeth have started to overlap where they touch, you won't have as much luck with your retainer. Either way, you probably have a "retainer check" visit scheduled with your orthodontist. Do your best to wear that retainer as much as possible before you have your visit, and your orthodontist might be able to adjust the retainer further to help correct the little bit of relapse that still remains.





If you simply can't get your retainer to fit at all, it's better to bite the bullet early and let your parents and your orthodontist know. It won't be pleasant facing them, but it'll be easier and less expensive to correct that relapse now than it will be even in a few months. Be honest about the fact that you haven't worn it the way you were supposed to wear it (the orthodontist will know anyway, so it won't do any good to lie). Good luck!
Reply:YES! JUST GIVE IT TIME!



accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net